Today’s post allowed me to use a really fun kitchen gadget (fun in the kitchen is relative, right?!) that I received as a gift last year (Thanks, Mom!), is healthy AND the ingredients were very inexpensive!
I LOVE pasta, but, obviously, you can’t eat pasta every day. When I started reading about turning veggies into pasta, I had to jump on the bandwagon. I’ve been a veggie person all my life, so I was pretty excited to try this recipe: Stir Fry Noodles made from zucchini.
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles!)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, spiralized (I only used a little over one onion’s worth after I spiralized the onions; in the spiralizer, I used the larger ‘pasta’ blade)
- 4 small zucchini, spiralized (I used the smallest ‘pasta’ blade; may try the bigger one next time)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mushrooms (I added about 1 1/2 cups)
- Sugar snap peas (meant to buy these and I picked up green beans – I was too busy listening to the Pelicans game on my phone and wasn’t paying attention…clearly!)
OODLES OF ZOODLES!
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until translucent and tender.
- Stir in zucchini and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds; mix and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat.